I share with you a recipe of lime fondant shortbread. A real little killing!
Easy to make, without a cookie cutter!
- Electric whisk
- Kitchen scale
- 2 bowls
- 270 g flour
- 15 g cornstach
- 40 g icing sugar
- 50 g icing sugar to cover cooled cookies
- 170 g softened butter
- 30 g lime juice
- 1 zest lime
- 1 pinch salt flower
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Start by putting the 170 g of softened butter and 40 g of icing sugar in a salad bowl
- Mix them with a tablespoon to be able to work them more easily with an electric whisk
- Whisk everything 3 minutes max
- Add the lime zest then the 30 g of lime juice and the vanilla extract.
- Whisk everything for 1 minute
- Separately, in a salad bowl, a large bowl or whatever you want, mix the 270 g of flour with the 15 g of cornstarch and the pinch of salt flower and put everything in the bowl that contains our previous mixture (butter, icing sugar, lime)
- Mix with an electric whisk until you get a sort of crumble
- Then mix by hand to obtain a nice ball of dough, very homogeneous.
- Divide the dough in half and make two beautiful rolls of about 2 inches (try to make them smooth)
- Reserve the two strands of dough in plastic wrap (each in its plastic wrap, not both in the same)
- Then, if you want to make them during the day, put your dough in the fridge for 1 hour (it can be kept for 24 hours in the fridge).
- If you want to use it for later, you can put it in the freezer (it will keep for several days, even several weeks) -> The sausage technique is my favorite technique for this kind of cookies, because there is no than to cut slices to cook them. No need for a cookie cutter, to roll out the dough a thousand and one times or to put it in your fingers after warming the dough with your hands.
- Once the dough has cooled, preheat your oven to 150 ° C, hot air.
- Cut slices of about one cm and place them on a baking sheet, covered with baking paper or other.
- Bake your cupcakes for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on whether you prefer them more tender.
- Let them cool to cover them with icing sugar
- Last step, my favorite by far: Treat yourself !!!!
Do not hesitate to look at our other recipes !